Baltimore County real estate had a few high end home sales in 2011.
The five highest home sales in Baltimore County, according to MRIS, our local multiple listing system, included a few farms, and most had a large amount of acreage.
5. 905 Hayfields Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030. $3,475,000. Listed and sold by Krauss Real Property Brokerage. This is a gorgeous newly-built home, that was finished around Summer 2011. Including the finished lower level, there are eight bedrooms, seven full and two half baths. It has 2.28 acres off a private drive, the home overlooking Hayfields Golf Course. Beautifully appointed, and spectacular views!
4. 2700 Butler Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136. $3,750,000. Listed and sold by Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. A “French Country Estate” home built in 2005, this is located up a hill and shared/private drive off Butler Road. Located on 53 acres, it has five bedrooms, 4 full and one half bath, and overlooks beautiful Worthington Valley.
3. 12757 Greenspring Avenue, Reisterstown, MD 21136. $3,900,000. Listed and sold by Yerman, Witman, Gaines & Conklin. This home was built in 1940, as is part of the “Vanderbilt Estate,” according to the listing. It is situated off a very private drive on over 138 acres. There are eight bedrooms, eight full four half baths. It boasts an in-ground pool, and it even has a bowling lane and full gym in the lower level!
2. 7309 Brightside Road, Baltimore, MD 21212. $4,200,000. Listed and sold by Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. This spectacular home was built in 1880, and has been gracefully and exquisitely restored. I have been in this house a few times, and it is truly gorgeous. It showcases 11 fireplaces (yes, 11!), seven bedrooms, six full and two half baths. It has 5.46 acres in the 21212 zip code!
And the highest sale in Baltimore County for 2011:
1. 2509 Butler Road, Reisterstown, MD 21136. $9,500,000. It was listed & sold simultaneously by Krauss Real Property Brokerage, which is why there are not many details or photos about the home. It is situated on 144.49 acres near the Falls Road Corridor, and looks to be a working farm, with rolling acres, animals, and convenient location. It has four bedrooms and seven full baths.
Much of Baltimore County real estate has been holding its’ own, despite the downturn in many areas. Each neighborhood is VERY different, so general overviews are not good indicators of your value. Contact me for more details on your Baltimore County house value. I would be happy to help!