If you are planning to be in Baltimore Memorial Day weekend, there are a number of activities to enjoy, as well as to remember.
- Brew at the Zoo is Saturday and Sunday at the Baltimore Zoo. Beer and wine samples, a kids play area, plus the animals and exhibits at the Zoo! More details and ticket information on their site.
- Fort McHenry in Downtown Baltimore is open all weekend. Here is the Fort’s website with more information.
- Pools open! If you don’t have a membership to a local pool, sometimes you can get a day pass, or you may be able to find a public pool (there are a few in Baltimore City) to visit!
- Visit one of the Baltimore City or Baltimore County parks! The NCR Trail runs from Hunt Valley to the Pennsylvania line. There are trails, water for kayaking, white water rafting (though the water would most likely be rather cold!) and more. Oregon Ridge Park in Hunt Valley, Gunpowder Park on the Eastern side, and in Downtown Baltimore, Druid Hill Park, Patterson Park, Federal Hill Park and others.
- The Balticon Science Fiction Festival is in Hunt Valley May 22-25! Visit balticon.org for more details.
- The Sowebo Arts & Music Festival is Sunday, May 24 12-8pm. There will be live music on four stages, art show, kids’ activities, and more. Admission is FREE! More details are on their website. SoWeBohemian is held near Historic Hollins Market in the 1100 Block of Hollins St in Downtown Baltimore.
- Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens in Timonium has a tribute to those who have defended our country’s freedom on Monday the 25th at 10am.
Though many of us celebrate Memorial Day Weekend as the unofficial start to summer, we should not forget those who have lost their lives to defend our country.
Thank you to our servicemen and servicewomen who protect us every day.
Photo courtesy of Panther1619 via Flickr CC