Baltimore was named a Top 10 Foodie City by Yelp in March 2019.
Those of us who live in Baltimore know how many wonderful eateries we have. Now, Yelp is coming to recognize and understand just how great our restaurants can be!
Yelp says that their “Data Science” team compared new restaurants in individual cities, ratings of restaurants, reviews of restaurants, % of food photos in user posts about local restaurants, as well as the important area of diversity in cuisines – the different types of foods and restaurants in a city.
Baltimore came in Ninth place in Yelp’s Top 10 Foodies Cities!
Yelp liked the diversity in cuisines, the many different types of places from small bars to James Beard Award Winners & Nominees restaurants.
Yelp also named their top five places in each city to try. For Baltimore, they recommend:
- Puerto 511, a Peruvian dinner restaurant on Clay St in Downtown Baltimore
- Topside, a New American restaurant serving dinner (and brunch Sundays) in Downtown Baltimore near the Walters Art Museum
- Annabel Lee Tavern, a pub in North Canton area Downtown
- The Kabul, a Mediterranean restaurant in Marketplace in Downtown Baltimore near the Inner Harbor
- Water for Chocolate, a coffee house on Lombard Street in Upper Fells Point in Downtown Baltimore
Congratulations to Baltimore for being named a Top 10 Foodie Destination for Yelp! Now, to get eating!