Downtown Discovery Days, formerly known as Dollar Days in Downtown Baltimore 2022 are January 3-14, 2022.
What are Downtown Discovery Days?
They are the days where participating Downtown Baltimore museums offer admission reduced price or for free.
As of this posting, there are a number of places participating. Please note that with Covid cases on the rise, things could change, so check with each venue prior to visiting.
We have been to the Maryland Science Center with friends for dollar days years ago, and had a really great time! Yes, it was was crowded, but it was neat to see so many families there. Our kids got to do the activities they wanted to do, any everyone was patient and seemed to be enjoying themselves.
The participating museums from the Downtown Partnership of Baltimore’s website and the times/days they are at a reduced or free rate (some are only one day, so please make plans accordingly!):
2022 Participating Attractions:
- National Aquarium: Free admission for all January 3-14. Please note that advanced registration is required for free admission. Register here.
- National Great Blacks in Wax: $1 admission for everyone on January 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- Historic Ships in Baltimore: Free youth/children’s tickets (ages 14 and under) for every paying adult January 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10, 11, 12, 13, 14.
- Maryland Center for History and Culture: Free admission for everyone on January 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, and 14.
- Maryland Science Center: Free admission for children ages 3-12 on January 7, 8, and 9. Please note that children must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Mount Vernon Place Conservancy and the Washington Monument: Free museum admission, $6 admission fee to climb the Washington Monument on January 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12, 13, and 14.
- Baltimore Museum of Industry: Free admission for everyone on January 8 ONLY. Timed tickets may be reserved in advance, or at the door on a first-come, first-served basis. Free onsite parking is also available.
- Port Discovery Children’s Museum: $10 admission (which is approximately 50% off) on January 9 ONLY, and $2 admission on January 12.