I’ve written before about fun places to go for Fall fun in Baltimore County.
One I just discovered is North Run Farm near Stevenson University.
My son had his class field trip there today, and there are many fun things to do!
The maze this year is wild — a huge crab — that our entire group proceeded to get lost in.
The kids loved the animals, and even the adults learned something new. Did you know that cows love to eat pumpkins? (We didn’t!)
The farm is open Friday 12-6pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-6pm through November 6, 2011.
Admission includes a hayride, the farm, including the animal farm, a hay play area, a hay tee pee, corn sandbox, mini hay maze, and more. Add the big maze for just $1 more! Visit their website for more details.
We really had fun at the field trip. I will give you a few tips.
1) If there has been rain in the past week, wear BOOTS. The maze & pumpkin patch will be muddy — and two days after rain there were still large, muddy puddles!
2) The port-a-potties were pretty yucky this late in the season. Bring wipes & toilet paper – and be prepared to hold your breath!
3) Bring hand sanitizer – things can get messy!
4) There is a stand with some good looking food & drinks –bring cash!
5) The entire operation only accepts cash, so be prepared to bring some for pumpkins, food, and other produce & goods you may want to get.
North Run Farm is run by Rodgers’ Farm and is open usually Friday-Sunday from the middle of September through the first weekend in November. Field trips have additional time openings.
North Run Farm is located at 1818 Greenspring Valley Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117.