The weekend before Halloween in Baltimore is often filled with fun activities and good times! This year Halloween is on Friday, so most of the fun, family, and scary events are on the weekend before for Baltimore Halloween fun!
- Hunt Valley Towne Center has trick-or-treating Friday, October 24, with participating stores handing out treats to kids in costume! Trick or treating starts at 4pm. There aren’t many details, but a confirmation of the event on their site. This has become an annual event!
- ZooBOO! at the Baltimore Zoo / Maryland Zoo in Baltimore — 10 am – 4 pm, Friday 10/24-Sunday 10/26. Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of ZooBoo! Come in costume, visit the animals, plus free trick-or-treating, carnival games, inflatable slides, crafts, and live entertainment, including magic, mini-theatre, and costume contests! The event comes with your Zoo admission. Costume contests are at 11:30 & 2:30 for kids under the age of 12. There are special events with many of the animals throughout the day, so make sure to visit their website for more details.
- Port Discovery is celebrating Baltimore City’s Kids Month on Saturday 10/25 from 10am-5pm for FALL-O-WEEN Festival. Activities include making your own tutu or mummy, wildlife adventure, Halloween drum jam, a moon bounce, performances and more! Visit their site for more details.
- Hallowmarine is at the National Aquarium in Baltimore from 10am-3pm on Saturday and Sunday 10/25 & 10/26. Come in costume, there are many spooky events, including a Haunted Classroom! Visit the event details on the National Aquarium’s site for more info.
- The Great Lantern Parade in Patterson Park is Saturday October 25 at 7pm. There is a pre-parade Great Lantern Parade Fall Festival from 3-6:30pm, including a kids’ costume contest, lantern-making, live music, and more. Here is their blog with more details. This is the 15th Anniversary of The Great Lantern Parade!
- Weber’s Farm in Parkville — Really fun Hillside Slide, pumpkin picking, scarecrow making, hay maze, farm animals, hay ride & more. $8 admission for children, $6 for adults on weekends. Open from 9:00am-6:00pm!
- Valley View Farms in Hunt Valley is open from 7am-9pm and has its’ terrific Halloween Display, a free haunted house, and straw maze for the younger children. They even have facepainting inside — and the main building is already their Christmas wonderland!
- Huber’s Farm in Kingsville was bought by the Jones Family Farm Market, and is open 9am – 5pm. There is pumpkin picking, a kids area with spooky bounce house, corn mazes, and a hayride to pumpkins. Here is more info on the Fall Family Fun days. The website says to visit the pumpkin patch at 2107 Philadelphia Road Edgewood, MD 21040 “where all fall activities, including field trips will be held for the 2014 season.”
- Kim’s Krypt is in Essex. It is open from 7-10:30pm Saturday through Monday — another haunted adventure. The “krypt” is indoors, while the line is outside.
I am sure there are many more that I am missing here. Do you know of any you could share?
Have a safe and Happy Halloween in Baltimore!