Main Street Bel Air BBQ Bash
From car shows, to concert series, to chili cook-offs and festivals, there are many free Maryland events to enjoy.
- Downtown Classic Car Show | Elkton ( 4th Thursday, April – August)
- Middletown Valley Historical Society Open House | Middletown (1st Sunday May – Sept.)
- 5th Annual Spring Gala | Denton ( May 7)
- Flower & Jazz Festival | Westminster (May 7)
- Mt. Airy Mayfest | Mt. Airy (May 14-15)
- Mt. Airy Farmers’ Market Wednesdays | Mt. Airy (May 18-Sept 28 3:30 p.m. To 6:30 p.m.)
- Swing into Spring | Taneytown (May 21 from 9a.m. – 3p.m.)
- Memorial Day in the Park “God Bless America” Kids Parade & Ice Cream Social | Middletown (May 28 from 11a.m.-2 p.m.)
- Memorial Day Parade | Westminster (May 20 at 10 a.m.)
- 3rd Annual Mountain Maryland Plein Air | Cumberland (May 31 – June 12)
- Dance Afire free performances | Takoma Park (summer months)
- Lunch at the Library Concert Series | Westminster (Fridays in June)
- Art in the Park | Westminster (June 2)
- Middletown’s 150th Anniversary Celebration | Midletown (June 18 12-7 p.m.)
- Outdoor Movies at Shamrock Park | Bel Air (every other Friday, June 10 – Aug. 19)
- Music on Main Summer Music Series | Elkton (July 7 – Sept. 15 Thursdays 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.)
- Songs at 6:30 | Westminster (Thursdays in July)
- Great Frederick Float | Frederick (July 3)
- Family Pride and Small Town Parade | Dundalk (July 4 Parade starts at 8a.m.)
- 10th Annual Maryland State BBQ Bash | Bel Air ( August 12-13)
- Annie Oakley Festival | Cambridge (Aug. 12 & 13)
- Caroline Summerfest | Denton (Aug 19 & 20)
- Family Movie Night in the Park | Middletown (June 10 & Aug 26)
- Midnight Madness | Westminster (Fridays in September)
- History 101 – free talks & walking tours | Mt. Airy (Sept 6-13 times)
- Celebrate Taneytown End of Summer Streetscape Party | Taneytown (Sept 17)
- Summer Sendoff: Blues, Brews, BBQ | Cambridge (September 17)
- Elkton Fall Fest/Firefighter Combat Challenge | Elkton (Sept 17)
- Fallfest Parade & Carnival | Westminster (Sept. 22-25)
- Middletown Heritage Festival | Middletown (Sept 24 from 10a.m. – 5p.m.)
- Middletown-Braddock Community Show | Middletown (Sept 29 – Oct. 1)
- Mt. Airy Fallfest | Mt. Airy (Oct 1 -2)
- Graw Days Festival | Havre de Grace (Oct. 8 from 10 a.m. – 5p.m.)
- Invasion of the Pumpkin People | Taneytown (Oct. 14-31)
- 125th Annual Firefest | Salisbury (Oct 15-19)
- Catoctin Colorfest | Thurmont (Oct 17-18)
- Scarecrow Contest | Middletown (Oct. 22 – Nov. 05)
- Halloween Parade | Middletown (Oct. 27)
- Dundalk Family Fall Festival | Dundalk (Oct. 29)
Here are links to more details on some of the larger events:
Great Frederick Float | Frederick (Saturday, July 3 5pm-8pm, Carroll Creek Linear Park) Begin your Independence Day early with the Great Frederick Float, Sunday, July 3rd from 5 – 8pm! Enjoy children’s activities, music, dancing, the annual Boat Parade & Contest.
Family Pride and Small Town Parade | Dundalk (July 4 Parade starts at 8a.m.) The 77th Annual Dundalk 4th Of July Parade will be held on Monday, July 4, 2011 starting at 8:15AM. This year’s theme is “A Star Spangled Town“. The Parade is sponsored by The Heritage Association of Dundalk and The Dundalk Heritage Parade Committee and is hosted by The Optimist Club of Dundalk, Inc. The parade wraps up a four day long Heritage Fair.
10th Annual Maryland State BBQ Bash | Bel Air ( August 12-13) We are preparing to celebrate the 10th Annual Maryland State BBQ Bash on Friday, August 12th and Saturday, August 13th. The BBQ Bash is a barbecue themed street festival featuring the Maryland State BBQ Championship contest where 50 competition teams from the Mid-Atlantic area and beyond will compete for $12,500 in cash prizes. The BBQ Bash features live music with local and national acts, top quality barbecue and other food vendors, sponsor displays, crafters, various merchant vendors, farmer’s market, and children’s entertainment. The BBQ Bash is free for the public and has regularly drawn nearly 30,000 attendees for the two days.
Annie Oakley Festival | Cambridge (Aug. 12 & 13) LIVE Music, Cowboys & Cowgirls, Old West Reenactors, Target Shooting Games, Arts, Crafts, FUN, Food, Face Painting, Wild West Beer & Wine Garden, and MUCH more!
Caroline Summerfest | Denton (Aug 19 & 20) Caroline Summerfest is a free family entertainment festival featuring two stages of regional and local entertainment, a Friday pedestrian parade, Saturday fireworks show, strolling performers, artisans, free KidzArt activities, gaming and food vendors featuring local non-profits.
Summer Sendoff: Blues, Brews, BBQ | Cambridge (September 17) Make the most of the end of the summer during the seventh annual Summer Send-Off in downtown Cambridge 5-10 p.m., Saturday, September 17. Enjoy the end of the summer season with barbeque; wash it down with a variety of brews. Listen to great live music and entertainment, and browse the sidewalk sales. The event features the wacky and fun Main Street Mile, where teams from local businesses and organizations do a relay race on tricycles, wearing snorkel flippers, etc.
Fallfest Parade & Carnival | Westminster (Sept. 22-25) Westminster Fallfest, Inc. began as an autumn celebration in historic downtown Westminster, growing over time to operate throughout the year as a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity sponsoring various fundraising events, all to benefit charities and service organizations within our community. Their signature event is their annual Westminster Fallfest, Carroll County’s largest community charity event. Each September, Fallfest draws over 40,000 people to historic downtown Westminster. Families enjoy our festival midway and rides, while others come for the great food, unique shopping, and heart-stopping entertainment. The event begins with a parade, followed by four days of non-stop fun.
So stay in the state and enjoy everything Maryland Main Streets have to offer!
*Please note, I am not affiliated with Maryland Main Streets and do not have more information on the events!
Contact your local main street for more details!*