A family tradition of ours has been to go to get our tree from the family owned farm that sells their trees at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium every year.
The trees are always full & pretty, their prices reasonable, the selection large, and the people unbelievably nice. A few years back, we even bought a special tree stand where a hole is drilled in the bottom so your tree stands up straight right away. They drill the hole right there in front of you, then they shake the dead needles off the tree, and wrap it in netting for you to take home. They even provide string for you to tie the tree to your car!
A few pointers, I will share with you, if you plan to get your tree there.
1) They also have wreaths and greens — already decorated or plain for what your needs are!
2) BRING CASH. They do not accept any other form of payment.
3) If it has rained or snowed recently, IT WILL BE MUDDY. Make sure to wear boots to traipse around to find your tree!
4) WEAR GLOVES. It is cold & also the tree needles can hurt when you are tying it to your car. (They do not tie the tree to your car for you).
5) Have an old blanket or sheet with you to put under the tree to protect your car.
6) Don’t forget your free candy cane!
The entrance to the trees is the large main entrance to the Fairgrounds — the most northern one on York Road, not the one with the changing sign.
Enjoy your trip & your tree. Another great reason to live in Timonium!
The Maryland State Fairgrounds are located at 2200 York Road, Timonium, MD 21093.
Leave A Comment