Towson was named ninth best suburb for education in America in 2014 by a website named Movoto.
How was the ranking done?
The website collected data for 109 suburbs. They used the US Census and Greatschools.org. Then they ranked them from 1-109 based on the criteria of:
- Student-teacher ratio
- Money spent per year per student
- High school graduation rate
- GreatSchools.org rating, which is based on test scores.
To note: Ellicott City and Columbia schools in Howard County were named #3 and #8 respectively!
The reason Towson schools ranked so well? According to the article:
- The amount of money spent on each student (in Towson, that amount is approximately $14,762)
- High Test Scores
- High School Graduation rate of 91%
Here is a link to the original article with an explanation of their ranking system, and their “Big Deal Score.”
Congratulations to Towson schools for making this list!
I want to note that this ranking is not mine, and I do not endorse any particular school or school district. I am just sharing information I found on Towson schools. My opinions are not represented by this ranking nor this blog post.